Amantaní is an island on the Peruvian side of Lake Titicaca. The island is circular and about 9.28 km² in size. It has two mountain peaks, Pachatata (Father Earth) and Pachamama (Mother Earth), with ancient Inca and Tiwanaku ruins on top of both. The hillsides, are terraced mostly worked by hand and planted with wheat, quinoa, potatoes, and other vegetables. The residents make beautiful textiles and sell them quite cheaply at the Artesania Cooperative. The people are Quechua speakers, but understand Spanish.
- Welcome and transfer from Cusco airport to hotel.
- Tour in Cusco: The Cathedral, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay
- Overnight stay at selected hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tour to Machu Picchu.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Overnight stay at selected hotel.
- Transportation service Cusco – Puno
- Tour Lake Titicaca Uros -Amantani “experiential tourism”
- Night in homestay in Amantani
- Tour Amantani – Taquile
- Overnight stay in Puno hotel
- Transport-guided from Puno to Cusco
- Overnight in Cusco hotel
- Transfer from hotel to airport
- End of service
Important: Peruvian tourists who have a valid ID receive a discount of USD 20.00 in the tour cost for the entrance to Machu Picchu. Not included in the package is the airfare, these are approximately USD 176 (Base Rate) and USD 643 (Flexible Rate) round trip per person (Lima – Cusco – Lima), according to availability of spaces. If desired, we can add them to your program.
- Original Passport
- Bring extra cash in local currency or dollars.
- Wear light shoes, sneakers or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during their excursions.
- Waterproof (long poncho) in the rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person
- Photo camera and/or video camera.
- Carry currency in small denominations dollars or soles.
- For Puno bring warm clothing.
On arrival to the airport in Cusco, we will be waiting with a sign with your name, then we will transfer you to your hotel where you will rest for an hour or so, have the chance to acclimatize with a coca tea and in the afternoon we will come to pick you up at 13:30 p.m. to begin the Cusco City Tour and its surrounding areas. This circuit begins with the picking up of passengers from your hotel and then a special visit to the following archaeological and religious attractions which will be guided by a professional guide: The Koricancha Palace and Convent of Santo Domingo Religious Center – Religious center known as the “Temple of the Sun” highlights the impressive engineering used in its construction.
- The Cathedral – Former colonial religious monument that is now of extraordinary artistic value.
- Sacsayhuaman – Located 3 km. from the city of Cusco, impressive stone fortress and magnificent architecture. It is famous for its enormous carved stones, some of which are at 9 m/30 ft. high and weighing over 350 tons. This is where the Inti Raymi or “Festival of the Sun” is performed.
- Qenqo – Ceremonial and ritual center, amphitheater where sacrifices were made.
- Puca-Pucara – Old inn, lookout post along the Inca roads.
- Tambomachay – 7 Km. From the city of Cusco, ceremonial center of worship of water, traditionally known as the place of water.
- Tour Duration: 05 hours approx. Frequency: Every day in the afternoon.
We leave every day between 3:45 to 6:00 a.m., we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and transfer you to the Train Station, we may take the train from Ollantaytambo, as long as there is availability of the train company PERURAIL, if that were the case we will take the train in Ollantaytambo, so our trip would be a bit lighter, as the trip will last four hours from Cusco to Machu Picchu Citadel, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”. We arrive at Aguas Calientes station where your guide will be waiting for you, to catch the bus to take us on a journey of 30 minutes on a zigzag path, to the incredible Machu Picchu. The tour includes a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and various cemeteries around for two plus hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel on your terms. Lunch at a restaurant within the village. Arrive at Aguas Calientes station where we will be waiting for our guide, to take the bus to take us on a journey of 30 minutes, rising by a zigzag path, to the incredible Machu Picchu. The tour includes a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and various cemeteries around for more than two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel. Lunch in a restaurant in Aguas Calientes or if you wish at Sanctuary Lodge Hotel (Lunch is not included). In the afternoon return to Cusco by train, we will pick you up and transfer you to your hotel.
We will pick you up between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, and we will start the day by visiting Corao, to then travel alongside the Vilcanota River, for a panoramic view of the Inca citadel of Pisac and visit a typical local market of Pisac, where we will have the opportunity to learn about the local customs of its inhabitants and even haggle prices with vendors. Lunch at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley. Afternoon visit to the fortress and citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle. We will have the opportunity to walk the streets of the town and get a clear idea of the importance that this military, religious and cultural center had during the Incan Empire. On the way back to Cusco visit the picturesque town of Chinchero, where lies the remains of the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui. Admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the main square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, built on the foundations of an Inca building. From there we return to Cusco. After your dinner we will pick you up from your hotel to take you to the bus station bound for the city of Puno in a tourist bus 180 decline bed seat (overnight trip). Note – Luggage or anything that will not be brought to Puno can be left in our personal store or at the hotel in Cusco at no additional cost.
We will be waiting for you at the Puno bus station to transfer you to your hotel in Puno where you will have breakfast and a sometime for resting. After having breakfast, at approximately 8:00 a.m. our Puno representative will transfer you to the port where the comfortable motorboat is waiting; our guide (Spanish / English) will guide your visit to the floating islands of the Uros (30 min trip), before reaching Amantani (approx. 2 ½ hours) approximately mid-day, where the local families of Amantani will be expecting us. We will walk (30 min uphill) to local houses of Amantani Island to enjoy a typical Andean lunch meal prepared by the islanders; after resting and settle in your rooms, walk to the top of the island and see the Inca ceremonial temples Pachamama and Pachatata; remain to see one of the best sunsets of the earth; then return to the local homes for dinner, and at night we have the unique opportunity to dance along with the locals (the welcome celebration is optional).
After our breakfast, we will descend to the port of Amantani (8 a.m.) to take our boat towards the island of Taquile, walk to the main square, lunch and finally return to the Port of Amantani (1:00 pm.) to return to Puno where we will arrive at approx. 4:00 p.m. Then transfer to the hotel in the city of Puno Overnight stay at hotel in Puno.
After breakfast we will pick you up from the hotel at 6:50 a.m. The bus service provided is more than properly equipped as a touristic bus, providing the best way to travel between Cusco – Puno and Puno – Cusco, where a passenger can enjoy various destinations of Magical Charm and Ancestral History such as “the Sistine Chapel of America” or also knows as the Andahuaylillas chapel, the Temple of the god Wiracocha Awe, the Majestic Paso de la Raya (Boundary Road between Cusco and Puno – View of Snowy Chimboya) and the mystical Lithic of Culture Museum of Pukara. A bi-lingual guide English or Spanish (both on board the bus and as well as in the places you visit) The service aboard the bus, where our guests enjoy hot drinks such as coca tea, tea anise, chamomile and coffee, cold drinks such as cola beverages, mineral water and fruit nectar; we also include the tasting of the famous Bread of Oropesa (Pan shoots) that is included with the ticket; all this to the attention of ladies terra girls. Includes lunch buffet at Restaurant La Pascana.
After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you to the airport. End of service.
- All transfers from your hotel to respective stations and tourist attractions programmed during your visit.
- Tours: City Tour, Machu Picchu
- All transport services for tours.
- Tickets round-trip from train station in Poroy or Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu back to Poroy / or Ollantaytambo
- Bus tickets round-trip: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- Ticket entrances to all the attractions programmed: General Tourist ticket, Cathedral, Qoricancha, Machu Picchu
- 3 nights in a Cusco Hotel
- 01 night accommodation in homestay in Amantani
- 1 night in a Puno Hotel
- 1 night in tourist transport bus that travels from Cusco to Puno
- Tour: Puno, Lake Titicaca, Uros, Amantani, Taquile, homestay
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish language for all tours
- Transfers from all dispatches.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 2 lunches, Amantani and Sicuani
- 1 dinner in Amantani
- Tour by boat to visit Lake Titicaca Puno.
- Bus tour with guide in the Ruta del Sol Cusco-Puno
- Drinks and Beverages.
- Phone calls.