Meeting with the guide for you to explain trekking
DAY 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCA (A, C )
5:00 a.m. leave Cusco in our private vehicle by 3.5 hours to the village of Cachora , where we will be expecting our horsemen and mules to the load. 2.5 hour walk up the slight rise step Capuliyoq ( 3,250 m). Then we went down by 3.5 hours by the Apurimac canyon until Chiquisca , an oasis where we camp at 1800 meters .
DAY 2: CHIQUISCA – Maranpata – CHOQUEQUIRAO (D , A, C )
After a delicious breakfast we start our trek for 40 minutes towards the Apurimac River . After crossing the bridge begins the ascent of about 4 hours to reach Maranpata for lunch. After a couple of hours to reach the camping area of Choquequirao.
DAY 3 : CHOQUEQUIRAO – CLICK HUNIYOC (D , A, C )
After breakfast we will visit the archaeological complex of Choquequirao.
Then continue along the mountain and then descend for 3 hours and get to the other side of town , where there are a series of terraces with curious ritual fountains and channels Incas still operational . This sector is called Click Huniyoc , that means where the water rises .
DAY 4: CLICK HUNIYOC – MAIZAL (D , A, C )
After an early breakfast we continue the descent to White River at 1,800 meters for lunch. In the afternoon , after a relaxing time Cornfield climb to where we camp with a privileged view of the Salkantay snow chain , snow Corihuayrachina .
DAY 5: MAIZAL – YANAMA (D , A, C )
Corihuayrachina walk around the mountain, then along a stretch of the Inca Trail arrive at the rising pitch of the Minas Victoria , where in colonial times the Spaniards extracted silver. We continued down 3 hours to the spectacular valley of Yamana , where we camp under the shadow of Nevado Pumasillo .
DAY 6: YANAMA – CHOQUETACARPO (D , A, C )
Today ascend for about 6 hours toward the snowy Choqetacarpo ( 4,720 m). After walking a stretch of the Inca Trail arrive at a lunar landscape in the foothills of the snow , where we camp. This place is called Pampa Colca and is approximately 4,300 m
DAY 7: CHOQUETACARPO – HUANCACALLE (D , A, C )
Today is a hard day. After a hearty breakfast we continue the ascent by a beautiful valley , after crossing a ridge we saw a nice stretch of the Inca Trail, which marks the ascent to Choquetacarpo crossing . After crossing the snowy displayed a stunning stretch of the Inca Trail to descend approximately 3 hours to Punta Carrertera . Then continue in a slight decrease for 3 hours until Huancalle , temperate valley , where we stay in a comfortable hostel .
DAY 8: ROSASPATA – VITCOS (D , A, C )
This day we will visit the archaeological complex of Rosaspata – Vitcos , located 30 minutes from Huancacalle , slightly rising . This city belonged in the beginning to Manco Inca and later his son Tito Cusi Yupanqui. It is strategically located in the middle of Choquequirao , Machu Picchu and Espiritu Pampa .
In the afternoon you can rest to regain strength as we find halfway to Espiritu Pampa.
DAY 9: HUANCACALLE – COLPACASA (D , A, C )
Today again got deep in the mountains on a path fraught ascent beautiful scenery with streams and waterfalls , to Colpacasa where we camp. Along the way some people know as Vilcabamba New and colonial church.
DAY 10: COLPACASA – VISTA ALEGRE (D , A, C )
We continue descending and walking towards the valley of Vilcabamba , following the Pampaconas River. Here we can see sections of Inca Trail in the middle of the descent towards a coastal valley of Vista Alegre where we camp.
DAY 11 : VISTA ALEGRE – CONCEVIDAYOC (D , A, C )
The road through the valley where you can observe Concevidayoc amazing orchids ( specifically Peruvian rupícola ) , a variety of butterflies and a stretch of the Inca Trail in perfect condition.
DAY 12: CONCEVIDAYOC – SPIRIT PAMPA (D , A, C )
Today we just walked three hours to Espiritu Pampa by a stretch of the Inca Trail.
In the afternoon we will have time to explore the Last Refuge of the Incas. There you can see the stone bridge , plazas, terraces, a stone monolith , fonts and many venues. This city housed 40,000 people .
DAY 13: SPIRIT PAMPA (D , A, C )
Full day tour to the city of Espiritu Pampa .
Entrance to the Palace of Inca Manco
DAY 14: SPIRIT PAMPA – CHIWANKIRI – KITENI – IVOCHOTE (D , A, C )
Early start walking for 4 hours to Chiwankiri , a village located in the Point Road to Kiteni . Here we will have lunch and then depart for the village of Ivochote , where we stay in a hostel.
DAY 15: IVOCHOTE – PONGO (D , A, C )
To take a motorized canoe the Pongo . Stroll through the waterfalls and then we drive to nearby beaches to enjoy the day in the jungle .
Back in the camp we can go for walks, swim in the river and fish in their waters .
Camp in Pongo
DAY 16: PONGO – QUILLABAMBA (D , A, C )
Early depart back in the canoe Ivochote and then by bus to Quillabamba , where we will rest in comfortable accommodation.
DAY 17: QUILLABAMBA – SANTA TERESA – MACHU PICCHU (B, A)
Early morning departure in our private transportation to Santa Teresa , where we walk 2.5 hours a route of flowers and orchids to Acobamba river and crossed a metal bridge near the hydroelectric plant . After a short rest we continue walking for 2.5 hours to the village of Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hostel and relax in its hot springs. The view is spectacular, as we will see from a different angle to Machu Picchu.
DAY 18: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B )
Climb on the first bus to see the sunrise at Machu Picchu. Then we have a guided tour for 3 hours and then free time to enjoy the citadel. In the afternoon we take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley and then go on a private transport to Cusco.
B: Breakfast , L: Lunch , D: Dinner
- Professional Guide and Assistant English / Spanish
- Private transportation from your hotel in Cusco to Cachora / Quillabamba - Santa Teresa
- Public Transport Hciwankiri - Ivochote - Quillabamba
- Private boat Ivochote - Pongo - Ivochote
- Porters , Horsemen and mules to carry all the luggage camping
- Mules to carry personal luggage up to 10 kg
- Cook and assistant cook
- All meals on the road (breakfast, lunch , dinner , lunch and daily snacks)
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- Double tents for two. It is very comfortable and safe for your backpacks . Our tents are 3 seasons and this year.
- Matras (insulated sleeping mats)
- Accommodation for all our staff
- First aid kit . Includes: Oxígenoy antidote for snake
- 5 nights' accommodation : Huancacalle (2 nights) , Ivochote (1 night) , Quillabamba (1 night) , Aguas Calientes (1 night)
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao and Machu Picchu
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Back Packer Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollanta Station to Cusco
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guides and porters
- Breakfast on the first day and the food in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket Vilcabamba - Espiritu Pampa (approx. $ 90 per customer) . This entry is new and sometimes not INC Cobra.
- A small backpack to carry a light jacket in case the weather changes during the trekking
- In the large backpack wear clothes : Warm , pleasure , suitable for rain and a rain poncho
- Several pairs of socks
- scarf , gloves, hat for cold, handkerchief
- Bathing suit for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Small towel and cleaning implements (wipes)
- Trekking shoes , comfortable , you should be waterproof
- Sandal for moments of rest
- Sun hat , sunscreen and insect repellent (minimum 20 %)
- Moisturizer for face and body
- Camera , Binoculars, Flashlight and batteries (consume more quickly in cold weather)
- Toilet paper
- Personal Kit
- Bring 2 bottles of 600 ml of water for the fist day . Then you will be recharged with water every morning . Optional: Purification tablets if river water recharge in long stretches .
- Snacks (energy bars, dried fruit , chocolates , cookies, etc. .) .
- Cash in soles and dollars identification Yes , if your student ISIC card
- Optional: walking stick