Machu Picchu is a trip to the tranquillity of the soul, to the eternal fusion with the cosmos; where we feel our fragility. It is one of the greatest marvels of South America. A resting place of butterflies in the epicentre of the great circle of life.
Situated 120 km northwest of Cusco, the Inca city of Machu Picchu lay hidden from the world in dense jungle covered mountains until 1911. This ‘Lost City’ is one of the world’s archaeological jewels and is one of South America’s major travel destinations.
The well preserved ruins of Machu Picchu seem to almost cling to the steep hillside, surrounded by towering green mountains overlooking the Vilcanota River Valley. Even after having seen the typical photos of Machu Picchu in guide books & web sites you still cannot fail but to be impressed by the awe-inspiring location of the ruins.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. (You will visit Pisac and Ollantaytambo, 8am – 4pm)
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Travel by train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (from 4:36 p.m. to 6:09 p.m.) if it is last minute booking (Expedition train from 19:00 u / or 21:00)
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (by the customer).
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- 5:30 a.m. Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 6:00 a.m. Sunrise view of Machu Picchu.
- Optional: Walking to Huaynapicchu (3 hours, without guide).
- Machu Picchu Guided Tour approximately 2 hours
- Lowering bus to Aguas Calientes.
- In the afternoon return by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Travel by bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Important: Peruvian tourists who have their valid ID receive a discount of USD 20.00 in the tour cost at the entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Use slippers or light shoes or tennis.
- Drink plenty of fluids during their excursions.
- Raincoat (longer) in the rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and/or coins with the following currencies: dollars, euros or soles.
This day we will have the Sacred Valley of the Incas tour that started at 8:30 am, collected from the hotel to Pisac, which is a typical market, with picturesque cultivated terraces on the mountain. We will visit the archaeological site of Pisac. It is also famous for its fairs where you can buy beautiful handicrafts. Then we are going to go to Urubamba where we have included a buffet lunch. Then we go to the Fortress of Ollantaytambo, where descendants of the Incas living in the home of the Incas. Finally we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train that leaves at 4:36 p.m. to Aguas Calientes, arriving averaging 6:09 p.m.Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
After getting up early and have breakfast, we climb to the Inca Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and we can appreciate the spectacular sunrise .Then they made tour with our guide in Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, for about 2 hours visiting the Principal Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries around for more than two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll through the citadel. They will have all morning to Machu Picchu to take pictures and be in this mystical place. Then we descend by bus to Aguas Calientes in the afternoon take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you, to transport you by bus to Cusco. Optional: can make the trek to the summit of Huayna Picchu this will take about three hours roundtrip (This tour is without guide) End of service.
- Tours to Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Cusco and surroundings.
- All transport for tours.
- Ticket round-trip train Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu - Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Ticket bus up and down Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish language.
- Revenues for all attractions to visit Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Transfer in every office.
- 1 lunch buffet in the Sacred Valley.
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes
- Drinks and Water
- Phone calls
- Snack, water, tips